Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dinner Table Conversation


Dinner Table Conversation

This image was selected into the Charles Allis Art Museums Juried Show Forward: A Survey of Wisconsin Art Today.  I'm always wondering when I create a series, does it stand up as a body of work or are there only one or two strong images in the completed series? So I entered two images that I didn't enter in the Racine Art Museums Wisconsin Photography 2009 Juried exhibition to see how they would fair. One made it in and one didn't. It gives me a little more confidence that the Life in Miniature series stands up as a whole. Since I haven't tried to show the Life in Miniature series yet and have been so caught up with producing my latest Book Passages series it gives me hope that there will be a venue interested in exhibiting this work in the future.
The exhibit opens on Wednesday February 24th from 5:30pm to 8:30pm.

Anticipated email:
The Charles Allis Art Museum would like to congratulate you on your acceptance into the juried exhibition Forward: A Survey of Wisconsin Art Now. The jurors Graeme Reid, Assistant Director of the Museum of Wisconsin Art and Martha Glowacki, Co-Director of the Wisconsin Academy’s James Watrous Gallery both expressed that the more than 260 entrees represented possibly the best body of work they had ever seen for a juried exhibition. They selected your piece Dinner Table Conversation for inclusion.

2 comments:

pcurtindelker said...

Bill...why don't you look into DiRicci Gallery at Edgewood College here in Madison? They are currently accepting proposals for exhibits...p.

William Zuback said...

Thanks Patricia. I'm not sure I have 15 images yet that I'd like to include in a show of this work. May have to work on that.