Thursday, January 1, 2009

Cheers to a New Year with lots of Promise and Hope

It is that time again to do your New Years Resolution(s). Since I am still recovering from a cold/flu that leveled me for three full days and still has me in slow motion, paying more attention to my health/body has to be at the top of my list. Here is my list of hopes and wishes for 2009!
  1. Live a healthier life. I have been void of excersise for two years now and it shows. I've gained weight, get sick more often, and generally just don't feel as good. That will change this year. I will fit some excersise into my busy schedule, eat better and sleep better.
  2. I have a lot more hope and optimism for our country now that we will have better leadership running it. No, it won't be perfect but it will be better. We will have better relations with other world leaders and countries. Leadership that helps those who need help the most. So, I will try to complain less about people, situations, etc. Be more Hopeful and optimistic about our future.
  3. Work smarter not harder. I have a lot I try to accomplish every year but I need to be smart about how I go about doing it otherwise my #1 resolution won't happen.
  4. Find time to relax and enjoy all that my wife and I have accomplished as individuals, partners, and family. We have a great family and I need to find more time to express my love and appreciation to those in it.
  5. Continue to build on the creative journey that I have always been on but has been improved since getting my own studio last year. Having your own creative work space does wonders for you psyche and ability to move forward with your creative idea's.
  6. Be a better husband. I feel that I have been a pretty good father most of these years but I haven't put the effort into my relationship with my best friend in the whole world, my wife. We both take each other for granted and I need to do my part to show my love and appreciation for all she does and for the almost 24 years of marriage that has gotten us this far.

No comments: